Come and see us on Yarn Shop Day!
It’s on Saturday, 27th April 2019
So… what is Yarn Shop Day ? It was launched in 2014 by Let’s Knit magazine and has become the largest retailer event in the knitting and crochet industry. And this year it’s on April 27th.
Its aim is to help ‘bricks and mortar’ stores by encouraging yarn lovers all over the country to visit their local store and discover the great things it can offer, while at the same time enjoying a day of treats, fun and meeting like-minded crafters. Here’s what people are saying about Yarn Shop Day…
A bricks and mortar yarn store is so much more than a place to buy wool and threads; it is a place of common interest, to share ideas and techniques, to learn new skills, and to be a part of a community of like-minded people who won’t judge you for the size of your stash! Yarn Shop Day serves to highlight and celebrate the importance of your local store and crafting community, which you may be yet to discover!
So.... what are we up to on the day?
- Special Guest Author and Chef James McIntosh & Dr Thomas Ernst will be talking about Knititation and all things colour from 12- 1pm. ‘Knit and Nibble’ Book signing
- 10% DISCOUNT throughout the store and up to 50% off selected Items.
- Free demonstrations in store for you to try new products.
- Knitting Surgery with Our Wonderful Knitting Guru ‘The Donna’!
- FREE /Goodie Bags – Limited availability (yarn purchases over £30.00)
- Free Crochet cacti demo with Maria at 4:00
- Launch of our Rainbow Crochet Blanket Pattern and Kit.
- Free knitting & Crochet Patterns of the Yarn Shop Day Mascots with any yarn purchase.
- Raffle – Signed Copy of Debbie Shore’s Book
We will be taking a collection for the charity MIND on the day too and a raffle to win one of 3 gorgeous StyleCraft goodie bags.